Our SURVEY is closing! Nominations open, Constitutional Amendment, VEBA, Immigration Status Training
2. Nominations open
3. Proposed FWEA Constitutional Amendment and Bylaws Amendment
4. VEBA- what is it?
1. Our BARGAINING SURVEY IS CLOSING TOMORROW! Please check your home email. We need your voice!
2. Another reminder that nominations are open for the FWEA Executive Board, and will close on March 20th. If you would like to nominate someone, please email Tiafwea@aol.com or ask your Association Rep to submit your name. Ballots will be sent to you next week.
The seats that are open for a two year team, except one fulfillment term. This means you will be the stewards of the 7th largest Education Association in the state and are a leader in our association.
The Executive Board meets once per month, and spends time on collective work and passion projects (like Meet-Ups!). As per our Constitution and Bylaws, the seats that are open are:
- Elementary Representative
- Elementary Representative (one year term)
- Middle School Representative
- Special Services and Itinerant Representative
- Special Education Representative
We also have nominations open for the NEA-RA (The National Education Association Representative Assembly.) Delegates travel on behalf of FWEA and WEA to represent our voice in important decisions are public education and association policy. This year's NEA-RA is in Boston, MA from June 30-July 5th.
3. As per our Constitution, any Constitutional amendment needs to be put forth to the membership 10 days prior to voting.
We have a proposed Constitutional amendment and subsequent identical Bylaws amendment that has been submitted on behalf of athletic coaches to create a seat on the Executive Board for an Athletic Coach who is a dues paying FWEA certificated or Education Support Professional member.
Please read this proposed amendment before voting next week. Our FWEA Executive Board recommends "do support".
4. VEBA: Every year FWEA members vote on VEBA, which is the Voluntary Employee Benefits Association. Here is what it means.
5. In these uncertain times, FWEA has partnered with a community organization for an Immigration training for educators on March 24th from 4-7. It's free, and we will have a light meal. Please sign up here