Welcome to the new year!
We have some important updates to share for FWEA members who are new to the district:
1) We have a new educator dinner on February 2nd! It's free for members. We will have a chance to just talk together, hear how your year is going (good, bad and the ugly) and then we will have a Financal Advisor come share free retirement and financial tips just for new educators: http://bit.ly/FWEAEarlyCareer
2) For Certificated members (not ESP): Please keep track of 7.5 hours that you work on your own time in January. As per our Collective Bargained Agreement, we have a workload relief day this month. It is not an actual calendar day, but it is 7.5 hours of pay that we recieve for work that we are probably doing on evenings and weekends. Your principal will have a form for you to complete. We will have this form posted next week also. But just a heads up that at the very least you should keep track of the 7.5 hours of work that you did any time in the month of January. You need to submit this by January 31.
From Page 58 of our CBA "The fifth day is a workload relief day to be worked in January each year. Staff will document what they did and turn the documentaion in to their Principal/Supervisor"
3) We know you've probably spent a lot of money on your classroom and workplace! FWEA Member Grants for things you need in your workplace (up to $75) are available and due back to the FWEA office (or email) by February 13. Here is the link to the form.
4) We love hearing from you! We are enjoying talking with many of you in our building visits. Please put May 4th in your calendar for our General Membership Meeting. This is the time you will hear the major themes that have emerged. Your Early Career voice, and those new to Federal Way are incredibly important.
5) There are many more events posted here, including our January 24th FWEA Educators of Color netrwork where we are proud to host two Commissioners from the Govenor's Comission on African American Affairs! http://www.federalwayea.org/
Facebook group: Federal Way Education Association
Public Facebook Page: Federal Way Education Association
Text Alerts: Text @fwea to 81010