Happy New Year FWEA Members,
Here is an update with 5 things related to money. As always, we strive to keep our President's updates brief and imformative:
1) Workload relief day: There will also be a joint correspondence, however we wanted to remind you that in January there is a workload relief 7.5 hour day. (This is on page 53 of our CBA, if you want look.) This was bargained partly in recognition of the significant work around sememester break. On the simple district form that you will recieve, write the hours you work anytime during the month of January outside of the contracted day. You will need to submit this to your princiapal by February 3. We will post this form soon. Please ask your Association Reps if you have any questions.
2) FWEA $75 Member Grants! We know you spend so much money in your classrooms and workspaces. All FWEA members may apply for our $75 member grants, due back to FWEA (email is best) by February 13th. Here is the form!
3) FWEA Financial Seminars: We are so busy taking care of the students, but it's time to set ourselves up for the future too. Come for dinner, conversation, some contract tips and free financial advising from NEA Member Benefits.
- New Educators, come on February 2.
- Experienced Educators (thinking about retirement in the next 5ish years), February 8
4) FWEA Materials Reimbursement. You have until June, but send it to ESC whenever you're ready.
5) As all public servants, our salaries are political decisions. We encourage you to learn what you can about the legislative session. Did you know that Beginning teacher pay in the 2018-19 school year would be $54,587, up from the current allocation of $35,700? In addition, the allocation for those with 16 or more years of experience would increase to $84,883, up from current allocation of $67,228. The state allocation for classified staff average salaries rises from $33,989 in 2016-17 to $52,908 in the 2018-19 school year.
Please reach out to Shannon McCann email@example.com if you are interested in learning more.